Grace

Grace

Recovery from addiction is much more than saying no. It is more than staying away from enjoyable things or living in constant denial. To be a truly recovering alcoholic is to follow grace. Grace brings the desire and the power to do what we cannot do ourselves. Grace is receiving strength in weakness.  It is even a change of will that sneaks up on us.
I recently noticed some deeply hidden grace, showing itself in new behaviors such as voicing convictions courageously, believing in the midst of unbelief, driving across the state alone to follow a dream, returning a dreaded phone call.
I am encouraged that I no longer have to float around haphazardly bumping into circumstances. I can own what I do now.  Difficulties can be broken down and managed.  Grace brings choices. Choices bring an intentional path.

Adventure, Vias, Railway, Platform