My Friend is Drinking

My good friend is drinking again.  She told me that she doesn’t see why her family can drink all day and no one judges them. But yet they don’t trust her.  She falls down. She causes accidents.  She disappears and comes back with icky strangers. She gets fired. She embarrasses everyone. She says hurtful things. She spends all her money as soon as she gets it but she doesn’t know where. 
But she still has a right to drink.  She says that if she drinks, no one wants to be around her.  It’s not fair. The rest of them drink. She doesn’t understand. She says she is not an alcoholic now. She can still have a drink. But it always turns into a week-long drunk.
Where will you live this time Gina?
I get it.  I did most of those things too.  I kept believing that I could drink one more time… just one drink…over and over again. Blackouts don’t lie. People don’t lie about this. Why would they? They want us to stop hurting ourselves and everyone else. 
The blood alcohol level is well into the 3’s now. How long?  What will it take? God, give her consequences that will hurt but still keep her safe. There are worse things than dying.
Please come back Gina. Please don’t go to prison again. Please don’t die. Please give up.

You are loved.
Wine, Stoppers, Bottle, Empty, Used, Background