Lies of the Drunk

Comparison.  Who is the best or most worthy?  I still get hung up on it sometimes.  I struggle to see that there is no favoritism with God.   But I have always thought that God preferred others over me.  I had messed up so I would be rejected.  Even before I started drinking, I believed that I was loved less. I was not worthy of God’s love because I was not as wise, as holy, as competent, or as dependable.   I deserved to be loved... yet I was unworthy. False perception of inequalities brought resentment.

In part this was why I drank and in part this kept me drinking.  When I wanted to get sober, I thought God would never help me because I had turned to sin. He wouldn’t want me again if I did get sober.  It was a self-fulfilling situation.  I wasn’t loved as much so I drank and then I wasn’t loved or wanted because I was a drunk. I listened to the evil voice that said, God will never want you again. He loves them more!
The enemy had me believing those lies for a long while.  But I dug my way out. I still get my shovel and dig some days. You can too.  God loves me... period. He loves you...  period.  He
does not make comparisons... period.

  Work, Boots, Gloves, Shovel, Dirty