Remorse of the Prodigal


Could it be that I got complacent because of goodness? Did I get bored with comfort and blessings? I had a great Life! So what happened? It might be that I was already turning away from God before I ever started looking for relief. Drinking may have had more to do with spiritual apathy than of mounting anxieties. It might be that I longed for approval of people more than of God. Why was the numbness so necessary? And why am I so obsessed with figuring this out? These are hard questions because I can’t re-do any part of my life. I can’t replay the disaster, seeking a different outcome. 
The enemy looks for opportunities to side track us.  Pride, complacency, and self-seeking were doors that I had unknowingly opened.  Painful memories were begging for escape. I did not recognize that there were other solutions instead of alcohol. It quickly became too late to see anything.
I think about these things now because I hope to avoid another fall into the wasteland known as,  pitiful and incomprehensible demoralization.                  Quoted text is from the Big Book of Alcoholics Anonymous.


            Alcohol, Alcoholism, Vodka, Wine, Habit, Rehabilitation