Believing


I used to believe that the goal of Christianity was to stay away from sin. That made me all the more conscious of my shortcomings and my failure to stay sober. It kept me harboring resentment about my lack of obedience. I was only conscious of my drunkeness. Legalism stole my desire and power to live in the intended outcome of joy in my salvation. Legalism wiped out the understanding of being cleansed from my sin. It is the plan of the evil one. He delights in getting Christians to feel condemned when we see that our own efforts are not good enough.
I couldn’t see that I was more than a drunkard. I was cleansed. I was rescued. I was freed from prison and addiction.
I just didn't BELIEVE IT.
Please believe it.
You are loved. No matter what you do, you are loved. It’s not about the doing.  It’s about the believing.