Another Victory


I went to the local bar. This bar is also our small town grill that serves wonderful food.  We go there often to eat.  But in the back of my mind there has always been the gnawing thought that maybe the other people there are wondering what I am ordering to drink.  Are they wondering if this Coke is spiked?  Since everyone knows I’m not supposed to drink, they probably figured I was there to drink alcoholically. They probably all figure I’m relapsing. Crazy, right?  Self-centered. All about me. Am I an all-out egomaniac?  
But something different happened this week.  I went to the bar and grill and didn’t have those thoughts! I walked in the door and wasn’t self-conscious about it being a bar.  I wasn’t dreading who might be there or what they might believe about me. 
What made the change? God did. A friend prayed for me. She prayed that I would no longer fear my interactions with those in our community. She prayed that I wouldn’t fear judgement by these folks that I have lived among for over 30 years. These are people who know about me. They have heard it all. They know my entire drinking story. Today I was no longer worried about their memories of me. How else do we get free from fear and pride but by facing them with power from on high?                                    
Prayers matter. Prayers work. 
Thank you, friend. Thank you, God.

Abstract, Barbecue, Barbeque, Bbq, Beauty, Beef, Bread