Judge NOT

https://blog.feedspot.com/living_sober_blogs/
      There is a saying from Alcoholics Anonymous, If you spot it, you got it. I have found this to be true in my life.  As soon as I begin to harbor judgmental thoughts toward someone, I will undoubtedly find those same faults in myself. Judge not, lest you be judged, in Matthew of the New Testament says almost the same thing. When I feel grumpy or upset with another person, it is often because I can’t allow them any faults. That is what begins the downward spiral of criticism and lack of compassion. The same measure I use for others will be used for me. I want the quart-sized measuring cup of forgiveness used for me.   I want the gallon jug of love and patience to be used when others look at my traits. 
        Can I allow myself to be changed so that I might measure what IS instead of what ISN’T?  Acceptance instead of the shortcoming.  Faith instead of my own expectations. Gratitude instead of harshness. What they did right, instead of what they did wrong. How he or she has grown instead of how that friend didn’t meet my needs this time. Letting go of my way instead of controlling and changing the situation to benefit me.
      The other day I asked my husband to help me complete a task, which took a fair amount of time.  Later, I developed a grudge because he hadn’t yet completed something else that was ON THE LIST.
         How do I get back to right thinking and seeing? Dump it out and start over. Ask for help.  God, change my heart again.
      Thankfully I have a big, loving, patient Savior.
      I am also surrounded by people who trust that same God. If not, then it's up to me.
                                                  Budget Krug Measuring Cup Measuring Cup Me
Recovery Rain is listed on the Top 60 Living Sober blogs at  https://blog.feedspot.com/living_sober_blogs/ 
 If interested in checking out more recovery blogs, this site is a good place to look.