Kindergarten


I recently visited kindergarten at the start of the school year and was surprised by how joyful it felt. Children wanted to be there. Teachers wanted to be there.  The room was alive with expectation.  There was hope that it would be fun. There was hope that it would not be scary. There was hope in making friends and in feeling confident.  The air was full of exclamations; I am being noticed!  I am fitting in! I am loved!
Starting over each year is an important part of school. It is especially a big deal when it is the very first year. Though I don’t start over each year, I can take some things away from the kindergarten visit. I notice that there are some likenesses with kindergarten and getting sober. There are even some similarities with kindergarten and getting saved.  What would it look like if I believed and behaved like a kindergartener every day?
First, I would take nothing for granted.  I would appreciate the newness of freedom and of the heavenly Father’s love. I would seek out others to fellowship with who were like-minded. I would think about little else except the wonderful opportunity to live unafraid and eternally accepted. The priorities would be people and relationships; not stuff or drudgery.  The feeling of overcoming the battle would likely be present. I expect GOOD in the kindergarten world. Hmmmmm. I think I will ask God to help me remember kindergarten. Each day is new and I can keep it new with the Father’s help.  His grace brings limitless possibilities.
Crown Princesses Costume Panel Dressed Up