No Longer Guilty


Knowing how He sees me has helped me change my view of myself. I am not condemned. I am accepted. I am not guilty. I am free. He paid for my debt and my punishment.  My prison sentence and condemnation are cancelled.  God wants me to join in with joy and fully receive the total payment that He made. When I live as though I am still guilty, I am behaving as though He did nothing.  It is as though I am voiding His provision. I am choosing to remain burdened with shame.   I cheapen what Jesus did on the cross when I behave as if His suffering is not enough to pay for my years of alcoholism. There are no limits to His forgiveness. Forgiveness is for yesterday, today and the future.   His forgiveness is a continuous thing that goes on forever. Nothing is too big or too evil for God’s redemption.  He knew what I was going to do before I ever did it. That is the truth.  I will believe and receive it! He offers peace, joy, forgiveness, and unconditional love.  I can choose to still feel guilty and beaten because I made poor choices fifteen and twenty years ago.  NO MORE.  I will accept true forgiveness.  That means I will have self-forgiveness and forgiveness for others. I choose to live that way with His help.
Woman, Girl, Freedom, Happy, Sun, Silhouette, Sunrise