Comfort


Knowing the way to go is comfortable, but constant comfort can breed apathy. When I’m comfortable, I usually know what will happen next. Having my expectations met regularly makes me dull. I no longer look for the wonders or new ideas when I know what to do and how to do it. Complacency starts to take root. I become accustomed to mediocre faith. That kind of faith really isn’t faith all because I can make and provide my own vision and outcome.
I’m finding that difficult circumstances are often the doorway for me to enter into real faith. When I can’t produce the result, I have no choice but to expect God to come through. He proves Himself faithful – though not how I expected – but in His ability to demonstrate care and compassion. Trusting God becomes the answer because there is no other answer. This is actually a good place to sit for a while. Though not easy or comfortable, I learn to sit on the hard rock instead of in the easy chair. Things start to come into focus. He alters things. He alters impossible circumstances. He alters little events.  He alters my will. That’s especially a miracle;  through Him I gain acceptance – even for things that I have no will to accept of my own accord.
So if I know He does impossible, difficult things, why wouldn’t I always trust him? I guess that is the next goal; to trust God, and wait for direction before I just dive in and do things my way with my own strength. My comfort may have to wait.
People, Woman, Travel, Adventure, Trek