Humility vs Self-condemnation


What did I do that for?  Why can’t I be normal?  I’m acting stupid again!  I shouldn’t have said that. No one else does anything that ridiculous!
Those are some of the self-condemning thoughts I often have. Those deeply ingrained beliefs are not as prevalent anymore, but when I least expect it, here they are again. I used to think it was okay to put myself down. Isn’t that is what humility is? NO.  I found out that is so wrong. Humility means I have the grace to see myself as God sees me without getting pugged up with pride. God says I am loved, I am strong, I am courageous, and he even says I am wise sometimes. It is good for me to believe Him and listen to His reasoning. He made me to be a hard worker. He made me to be someone who appreciates wisdom. He made me to be like this – to seek after changes that promote growth and healing. I can thank Him for all that he does in my life, but I can also acknowledge that I am a valuable part of His family.  I am good because He is good, and I am loved because He is love.
I think I will re-state those negative thoughts I said earlier and turn them into affirmations.
I did that weird thing and God still loves me.  I am unique and God appreciates who I am. I am so glad You forgave me God. Please do so again. God, is it okay that I said that?  What do you want me to say? No one else is like me and I am who I am through the grace of God. 
Amen.
Nature, Forest, Sun, Moss, Rays, Green