Fear is Not WHO I Am


      Fear is an alcoholic’s most dangerous feeling. Most of us want to escape when we battle with fear, and we know that the old familiar escape mechanism leads only to drinking unless we are spiritually fit. Spiritual fitness is not a state of mind, but a state of BEING. “Being” is who we are. I am an alcoholic who doesn’t drink because I am free. Freedom is my state of being no matter how I feel. It is about belief. I am a believer in God and His deliverance. When fear comes at me now, I declare my freedom and my belief in God who lives inside of me. Without Him, I would be dead to alcoholism by now.
      I don’t have to fight the craving to go drink anymore. I tell the fear to leave. Even if it doesn’t all leave right away, I know I am no longer one who reacts to it. God gives the grace to do things in the face of fear. That is when the rest of the fear leaves; when I face it instead of running away. I am someone who has courage. I didn’t used to have it, and I don’t know exactly when I received it, but courage is a part of who I am. It is a daily miracle to watch myself BE someone that I used to wanna be.
Hurdles, Track, Race, Competition