Paths of Doubt

       Bunny trails sabotage my thoughts. They distract my focus. Fear and doubt come against my purposes, my daily tasks, my long and short term goals.  Fear and doubt threaten my faith. My well-being is challenged. I hear things like, You’re messing up. You shouldn’t be trying to do this. You’re not smart enough or strong enough for this.

If I’m helping someone, I often get sidetracked with contrary thoughts; They don’t want your help. She’d rather have someone else helping her. Your help isn’t wanted. I can always just let these negative imaginations rule me. I can follow the downward spiral to a day of hell. Confusion can quickly take over; Well, I guess I shouldn’t be watching her kids today. I should be resting, or doing laundry….or something else...  I second guess myself and depression creeps in.  Next thing you know I’m questioning everything. I’m questioning God. I’m questioning what I believe. I get worn down. The fight seems too hard.
BUT WAIT. That is exactly what evil wants. Evil wants to tear me down and destroy the good intent that God has planted. I can change my coarse when these thoughts come at me. I will ask for wisdom and help. I will cry out to God! He will help. He will destroy these imaginations. He will help me bring every thought that is negative or evil to Him. When His light shines on it, the truth is exposed. I must fight, but not in my own strength. I pray for courage, strength and power from on high. I believe God never fails when we pray this kind of prayer. God wants the enemy’s works destroyed just as much as we do. Probably more than me. He says to tell the evil suggestions to go away and leave me alone in the name of Jesus. As a Child of God, I have that authority. I belong to God. There is power and favor to have victory over evil. I used to just give up. I’m learning to fight with Gods power that is within me.
He already won. He already proclaimed my win. I must take hold of it.

“I will cry out to God most high, to God who performs all things for me.  He shall send from heaven and save me. He reproaches the one who would swallow me up. He shall send forth his mercy and His truth.”  Ps. 57: 2-3
 Rabbit, Hare, Animal, Wildlife, Bunny, Macro, Closeup