The Old Ways


Breaking away from old ways of thinking can be trying. I recently moved to a new home and things don't fit in the places I expected.  Some of my things don’t belong here at all. There are many ways to use cupboards, dressers, and shelving, but I am struggling to give new ideas a try. I don’t want to try new stuff. There are just too many decisions to make with a new house; colors, what goes together, what doesn’t… I liked everything the way it was in my old house. I'm stuck. 
             I used to feel confident in my creativity, but that seems to have up and left.
            The grocery store in my new location is confusing. I got very frustrated in there. I should be able to make old decisions in new places. Having too many choices is dreadful. What is this about?? Do others do this??
             I have to remember that frustration is a warning sign to an addictive person. I need a change. I told myself to go do something else for a while. .take a walk, pray, go to a meeting, write this blog.
After praying I remembered something else that we are taught in recovery; ASK FOR HELP. So I did. I asked for suggestions. I even asked my spouse who doesn’t always have good taste. That got me started.
            I feel like I keep learning the same things over and over again, but that’s not really true. It’s always new with every new experience.
Be kind to me, and don’t expect perfection, speed, or sometimes even competence.

House, Home, Residence, Exterior, Garden