Injustice


Injustice seems to be on the increase. Moral injustice, legal injustice, personal, petty injustice, and excruciating vindictive injustice are on the rise. What did Jesus say about injustice? I was surprised to find that He said to expect it. He even said to expect more than we have now. So what do we do?  We endure, even to the end. By patience possess ye your soul. If an adversary takes your cloak, give him your tunic.
Those don’t sound like overcoming or reassuring words.  We are warned not to fight and struggle. Learn to stand and be counted as fallen. Learn to believe that all is covered. All has a purpose. If we can do the right thing, we will be able to stand the next time. If not, we will have defeat and will be presented with the same lesson over again. That sounds harsh, but Matthew 10 talks about the difficult times ahead. Persecution and injustice will be the norm, if we are truly following Jesus. I must be able to wait upon the word:   What is covered will be revealed and what is hidden will be known. All will happen in it’s time. As followers of Christ, we will be told what to say and do in trials. We know that He is the final Victor. If we are not following and listening, we will not hear. If we are fighting the battle ourselves, our own way, in our own timing, we will lose. If we surrender the fight to Him, we will win.

I feel that sobriety has been a good test and a good experience for the trials of injustice. In sobriety, I must stand on my own in God’s strength. I cannot rely on anyone for my sobriety except God. Alcohol feels like an unjust, unfair attack. On my own, I had no defense, but I was rescued By Christ Jesus. He continues to rescue me from the battles at hand. He calls and I now answer because I have experienced the other side of obedience. I don’t want to go there again, and I don’t know if I can keep from going there again. I must remember what I have learned.
Sheep, Lamb, Baby, Farm, Livestock