Envy


      Sometimes I still find myself wanting to be someone else. Maybe that’s because I don’t know who I really am. God’s word says that He planned me and that I have a purpose. I might have a few ideas about why God created me.  I believe that I am an encourager, but I only know a little of what that entails.
      The other day I saw a friend helping another person and I was envious because I wanted to be like her. She was so good at knowing what to say. She was so sure of herself. She was inspiring. As I prayed about this, I realized that she is not who I am; I am who I am. If I were doing the same things as her, then no one would be there to do what I do. If everyone saw the same needs, then a whole bunch of people would not be noticed at all.
      What this friend of mine saw was driven by her purpose. She wanted to boost the woman’s confidence. I wanted to tell the woman she was loved. She wanted to defend her. I wanted to take her to AA. She wanted to help solve a problem.  I wanted to help her find the truth.  Wow. Those are all good things but very different. A third person would respond with another perspective yet. I’m so glad God helped me see that we all have our ways of interacting, our gifts, our skills and our motivations. We are all needed. We are all important to God’s purposes. We are all working toward the same goal if we are HIS kingdom.
Women Friends, Friendship, Helping