Faith in the Process

       Another year of sobriety has past, and as I think about my 14 years without alcohol, I am struck with gratitude. Good things continue to happen - not because of me -  but because of God's unmerited favor.
       Over these years of sobriety, I see that both the little and the big things have gotten better.  I realize that the AA promises are coming true. "God is doing for me what I could not do for myself." He rescued my soul from the hell of drinking. Then He slowly restored my hope. God did this in many ways. First He changed my heart - which I could not do myself. I no longer desired alcohol. Then God began to do outward interventions such as saving my job.  I should and could have been fired. He brought truth and peace back into my marriage. My kids could trust me again. I was once again able to form meaningful relationships. New purpose came to me through telling my story and by encouraging others. These are just a few of the miracles that God has done in my life.
         He continues to drive out the enemy in my thoughts and everyday situations so that my faith sees into the unseen realm. The unseen realm -   God’s perspective -  contains more reality than what is physically seen because God has proven that He is relevant in everything. What He says will happen, happens. What He says He’s going to do, He does. He is who He says He is, and I am who He says I am.
        As I look to the future, my faith comes by remembering what God has done in the past.  Gratitude for His faithfulness brings faith to believe for tomorrow.  I can’t imagine life without my Heavenly Father.
Sky, Clouds, Clouds Form, Cumulus Clouds