A greater miracle yet

      I have often said that God sought me out when I was hopelessly addicted to alcohol. He intervened on my behalf and gave me the will to get sober - even when I had given up.  I have been grateful and I have been motivated to share about this miracle for all these years of sobriety.
      The other day I realized something that is almost more profound than even this. My heavenly Father continues to turn my heart to follow Him. There are many times that I don’t want to make the right choice. If I say a simple prayer such as, God I don’t want to do this. Please make me willing to be willing. He does that very thing! He makes me willing. He causes me to become a better person. Because I know that He is full of compassion and empathy, I am able to bring him my doubt, my unbelief, my contrary heart and He will change my desire. He understands. He is loving and kind. This is a wonder – that God would bother with an ordinary human like me – for ordinary reasons on ordinary days.  The God of this universe reaches out to me - to all of us - if we ask through His Son Jesus. He meets with us on a daily basis and shares His heart and His heavenly wealth with us.
       He bothers with the smallest concerns, like enabling a child to find her lost dog. He doesn’t wait for the big life and death situations. His help comes willingly, patiently, and without judgement every minute of every day.  
       He is the great Shepherd who is long-suffering for each of us.

We all like sheep have gone astray; We have turned, every one, to our own way; And the Lord has laid on Him the iniquity of us all.  Is. 53: 6
Universe, Sky, Star, Space, Cosmos