Finding HIS Voice


My sheep hear my voice and they follow me. Jesus said this to his followers. It’s His plan that we listen and follow. I find that hearing His voice is harder than it should be some days. If I’m trying to figure something out, I often follow my own reasoning. The problem with that is that my head can be full of worldly stress, fear, condemnation, or even anger.  When I ask God for His will, I’ve often already made up my own mind about what I think should happen. Then I have to go back and figure out where I went off track. What if I could stay on track and what if my thinking were always listening for God’s voice?  It’s a high goal, but one I attempt when I know I’m going to especially need help.
I often read God’s word before I pray about a decision or a question of God’s will.  The sermon on the Mt. is one of my favorite passages because it puts me in tune with what God values; mercy, humility, desperation for God, goodness, and peace. These verses remind me that difficulties and persecution should be expected in this life – especially the life of a follower of Christ. I can rejoice in trials because I am blessed and it is an honor to be one of Christ’s followers. It is possible for me to get His outlook that goes beyond reasoning to the eternal. It’s all backwards in His kingdom. 
The child is often the one who points out the truth. The “least person” is often the one with the answer. Mourning is a good part of life. Put others first. Purity is more important than sarcasm, showing off, or being right. Let go of that pride. Stay hungry. God uses suffering for good.      (Based on Matt. 3 - 12)
Now my thinking is no longer blocked with worldly viewpoints.  Hold on to that, I say. Hold on!
Ireland, Sheep, Lambs, Livestock