Isolation can bring fruit


What we are learning in the isolation will bring us out of our desolation.  Many of us are using our extra time at home to complete or learn tasks that we had put off such as remodeling, sewing, painting, cooking, or reading.  There are also spiritual benefits to the quarantine. Silence and listening are essential things to practice that add to my spiritual growth.  Having less busy-ness is proving to be a relief. Time to study about faith in God gives me hope for the future. Music and the encouragement that it brings can lift my soul out of anxiety.
There may be even deeper areas of spiritual truth waiting for me if I’m willing to seek it out. Maybe I was putting off having a difficult conversation with a friend or loved one. Maybe I haven’t wanted to listen to what God has been trying to tell me.  Now here is that thing staring me in the face. There is nowhere else to go. Maybe it’s time for serious prayer. Maybe the argument that I keep having with myself is something important that I need to look at.  I’m more apt to pay attention now because there are fewer distractions. Though not pleasant, I see a huge area of yucky hypocrisy that God wants me to give to Him. Maybe I have been prideful in my thoughts and actions. It is time to sort that all out and ask God and maybe a friend for advice and prayer.  Maybe that thing the counselor told me twenty years ago is true after all. I guess I need to find out more about that.
Repentance and drawing near to God is always good. It always produces fruit.
I’ve noticed that God uses it all – even the desert times – to speak to me.  He is constantly working for my good – even when I don’t see it or I barely believe it.
Small Bird, Sing, Robin, Bird, Close Up