A Clanging Cymbal


Clang Clang Clang.
        I am a clanging cymbal. Without God’s help, I can’t produce true love or compassion. I often say something offensive or silly when I go about caring in my own way. I miss the important insight. Later on, I look back and see that the very thing I needed to do was left undone.
        That goes for loving God, too.  Without His help I give up on trying to love, or I get tired, or angry, or distracted, or confused, or judgmental. When I hear that God’s Word encourages me to love Him with all my heart, soul, mind, and strength, I feel perplexed. How will I ever do that?  He will help me. He enables me to love Him and others. When I view God as demanding because He asks me to love Him with all my heart, I need to remember that He wants me to ask for help in the loving. I have no love. I have nothing to give on my own. God is thawing my heart, enabling me to care and to love. I must follow those promptings that direct me to hear His voice and see the path.  "Don’t criticize. Look deeper. She is scared and wounded. That is why she responds with such anger. Don’t fear. He is rejecting help because He is afraid."
        Truth comes at the perfect time. It is no coincidence.  
Cymbal, Music, Drums, Cymbal, Cymbal