Impatience

 Impatience gets in the way of what is good and true. Impatience devours my peace. It has a mind of its own. In the middle of a joy-filled day impatience sneaks in, and starts to roar. Don’t go there. You don’t have time for that! How does impatience get in?  I let it in when I stop trusting God and begin to question His priorities. Self-centered fear can lead me to question what I already know I’m supposed to do. Did God really say to do this?  Did He really mean that I should take the time to help her?  When I start to question and doubt what I heard, then I’m not following God anymore.  I’m following what I want. What I want will lead to things like greed, materialism, addiction, fear, laziness…

The truth is, I don’t own my time.  It’s not all mine to do with as I wish. I decided a long time ago when I met Jesus that I don’t want to live with ME leading the way. I want to follow God. He has purposes that are meaningful, rewarding, and eternal. His ways always bring life. I want to follow Him and Him only. Impatience is usually the first thing that shows up to warn me that I’m off track again.