Psalm 139

 

Oh Lord, You have searched me and known me. You know my sitting down and my rising up. You understand my thought afar off.

There has never been a time that God has not known us. He knows us because He created us before time began. And yet He continues to search us. What does He search for? His goodness that He placed within each of us. How do we walk through this life reaching for His goodness? Do we use the giftings and wisdom He gave us or do we decide that it’s now irrelevant? Do fleshly reasonings over-ride our faith in God’s purposes?  Do we decide that today’s troubles have somehow changed the eternal God’s plans?  Do we deem Him out of touch with reality? 

Before I even have a thought, He knows it. He desires that I let Him in on those thoughts. If I don’t, they will likely go to the wasted side, but even then God is ahead of me and working all things together for my good. Or those thoughts get tossed into my human barrel of wisdom that defies God’s sovereignty and creativity. I forget that He still creates. He creates solutions out of my messes. He creates faith out of my despair. He creates joy in the middle of daily stress on this earth.

I used to want to be someone else. Now I see that I am who He made me to be. I would rather deal with my messes and let God be God. He knows that my human messes can be turned into His purposes of glory.