Amends

       In our recovery from addiction, we continually have to be vigilant about making sure we keep peace with others, avoiding anything that could harm relationships. I recently discovered that I still had some resentment from 16 years ago towards those who once gossiped about me because of my drunken behaviors.  I felt that God was leading me to forgive them, and release them to Him. Here is my prayer.

Father, please forgive them for judging me. Forgive them for gossiping. Forgive them for unbelief in your grace and goodness towards those who have been restored. Bring these people in to your family of believers if they don’t know you. Holy Spirit, go after them as you did me and rescue them from eternal judgment. If they are yours, but never repented or realized their sin, please shine your light brightly on them. Cause them to come fully back to you. Cause them to hear the fullness of your grace message. Yes Father, may each one who sinned because of my sin be blessed today with your great love and forgiveness. Let not one of these be left without coming to the truth of forgiveness. Bring full restoration on each of these lives. Add to their faith understanding and wisdom that if they should be tempted again with judgement and gossip, Your Holy Spirit will help them to see their way of escape. Let them flee and be blessed with righteousness instead of judgment. Cause then to know the greatness of your redemption. I know that you hear these prayers for them. I forgive them also Lord. I forgive every last one who joined in with accusations, finger pointing, and even gloating.

There are some who judged me with righteous judgement, and faithfully prayed for my freedom from alcoholism. For this I am grateful. I would not have gotten free without these who stood in the gap for me. May they be rewarded Father. Someday I will see who they are.