The Admittance

What is pride? It is the thing that incites us to fear the wrath of others. It is the thing that causes insults and believes in disgrace. Pride is the motivation behind the argument and the force that owns the haughty spirit. Pride opens the door of judgement and closes the window of mercy. It is the most prevalent emotion in prisons and in the pit of hell. It is at the center of divorce, murder, jealousy, and fear. Unfortunately, pride is also a most prevalent emotion in churches, government, and business. Relationships and opportunities are ruined because of pride. Pride caused the fall of man and the rise of shame.

It is the thing that keeps me focused on what is of primary interest; me.  If I fully own this, I have hope of God bringing me out of pride as a primary motivation.  I’m admitting to this self-centered addiction so that I can begin to work towards freedom.

Step 1: Admitted we were powerless over pride and our lives had become unmanageable.