Thoughts on Psalm 139

 O Lord, You have searched me and known me.

It is a personal relationship that we have. It is not a one-size-fits-all relationship. I don’t have to pretend I’m good. You can and will change me when I come to You with my shortcomings, my judgements, my poor motives. You, Lord, never turn me away or give up. You show Your lovingkindness to me always.

You understand my thought afar off… For there is not a word on my tongue, but behold, you know it altogether.

I often find You, Father, answering my thought before I’ve even finished expressing it. You often help me avoid disastrous mistakes from speaking out in anger, or gossiping, or complaining. Even more than that Lord, You appreciate who I am.  I am Yours. You validate me. You even, at times, enjoy my silliness.

Where can I go from Your Spirit?

You, Lord, are with me in trouble, in grief, in joy, in everything. You are always preparing the way ahead of me. You are behind me picking up the messy pieces that I left behind. When I went to rehab for alcoholism, You were there speaking Your word loudly to me. You bought me back to reality and truth. You called my name and told me I was Yours. You told me everything would be okay, and it was. You weren’t ashamed of me because I had been a poor testimony.