Where is the Dark?

 Where can I flee from Your presence? If I ascend into heaven, you are there, If I make my bed in hell, behold, you are there. Ps. 139:7,8

Whether I am on a water slide, or in jail; at the White House, or in a rehab for addiction. You do not leave me, ever. In fact, I have found that You reach out to me all the more when I am in the difficult, spiritually dark places. You pull close at the saddest and hardest times.

If I say, “Surely The darkness shall fall on me,” even the night shall be light about me… the darkness and the light are both alike to You…the night shines as the day.  Ps. 139: 11, 12

Though I may try to hide the dark thoughts and feelings, God uncovers them gently, mercifully. He beholds me as I am. Then I can behold Him as He is, The kind, ABBA Father.

NO, it is not possible to hide from You, Abba. It can’t get dark for You, Father. It is always light.  And Your light becomes a lamp unto my feet. You guide me out of the dark. I can see the way to safety. You change the way I see. You make me full of light, and I become a part of Your light to the world.

No matter how bad the world becomes, or how evil the days get, our God is brightly shining His light that overcomes the darkness. I need not fear.