God's Thoughts

 The days were fashioned for me when as yet there were none of them. Ps. 139:16

This includes the days I wish hadn’t been, like the day I arrived at long term rehab for alcoholism. But now I can see the greatness of His entire plan. Good comes from leaning on Him and seeing Him work restoration. I got to be a part of His miracles. How else would I have learned how good and how faithful God was - unless some of the days that were fashioned for me were days of trial? When I look at the whole picture now, I am amazed by God’s power and forgiveness. He turns suffering to triumph. All the days that I live are determined and ordained.

I ask Lord, that you keep me on the winnowed path that You have made. I have free will to go elsewhere, but I have already tried that and found disaster and leanness of soul.

How precious are Your thoughts to me. Ps. 139: 17. Your thoughts towards us cannot be recounted in order. Ps. 40:5

Your thoughts are personal toward me; they include me. You Lord, are not striving to be free of me or done with me. You never leave. Rather, You are a constant nurturing part of me. When I asked You in, You welcomed me as part of Your family. You let me in on Your motives, Your plans, Your purposes. You pass on wisdom, creative solutions, plans of restoration. 

You bring a true and kind picture to my self-centered thoughts. You have eyes and ears of mercy.

If I ask, I can have them too.