The Gift Continues

 The day is here. I’m going to believe in the goodness of God as opposed to the failure of me. I will open the giant package that I have been denying myself. I will look and see what God is doing instead of at those things I supposed He wasn’t doing.

When I finally peek inside the package, I see that it is filled with things I could’ve been enjoying - things I was desiring all along. I find freedom from the condemnation. I find joy, courage, relief, favor, and even discernment.  I have all these things that God has already given me, but they were buried under the belief that I had to do stuff in order to get them. There was also a belief that God wouldn’t give them to me because I was underserving – even after I worked for them.

As I focus on God, more things come into view. I’m not anxious, or afraid, or negative. I have a relationship with God instead of a constant counseling session – not that I don’t still need some of those. I am no longer avoiding God because I’m grumpy from having unrealistic expectations all the time. He is transforming my beliefs.

The biggest thing I found is that I can ASK. It’s more than okay to ask. He wants me to ask.  My heavenly Father wants me to ask, and, even more remarkable, He is giving me ideas of what to ask for!

The gift I opened is never-ending! It is limitless. It is eternal.