The gift of salvation

The gift of salvation is enough reason to be grateful forever.   24 hours, seven days a week of constant thankfulness is not adequate to express the magnitude of what I have in my salvation. But do I see it? Salvation is free for me. It is a life of freedom from condemnation. It is a life of newness and hope.

I once heard a pastor preach on salvation for a month straight. At the time I remember thinking, When is he gonna get a new subject?  But now I see why he continued to talk about salvation.  If we understand the greatness of the gift, we have unending joy and wonder of what it means to belong to God forever.

Just the one sin of drunkenness is a miracle to be out from under. My drunkenness is paid for in full. I have been acquitted in the heavenly court. I am not guilty. I am not in debt anymore for those crimes. My bondage is over.

I believe that the most important restitution I can make to others whom I may have offended in my drunkenness is to remain grateful and vocal about what God has done. If I can point another drunk toward heaven, my joy will be joined with another’s. The freedom can multiply.

That is the plan of salvation. It is the ultimate free gift that I can play a part in giving away.