A Gift for Jesus

 When I was a kid, I used to think that it would be wonderful to bring a gift to the baby Jesus, just as the wise men did. As an adult then, it’s no surprise that when I directed a children’s choir, I wrote a song about giving a gift to Jesus. Below are the words. Perhaps someone out there remembers it.

What can I give to Jesus? What can I give to the King?

He has come, God’s precious Son. Tell me, what can I give to Him?

He came down to earth from above, to give us life, and share His love.

He came to hang upon a tree, a gift for you and me.

Love! Love! I can give love! His glorious, unfailing, miraculous love.

What can I give to Jesus? What can I give to the King?

He has come, God’s precious Son. Tell me, what can I give to Him?

As a tiny babe is He, so little children we must be.

Humbly I will seek Him each day, so in His love I’ll stay.

Love! Love! I can give love! His glorious, unfailing, miraculous love.