It's Time

 It’s New Years again! I am so glad I had my last drink years ago. I used to spend the day of New Years Eve wondering what I would drink and how I would remain sober enough to remember what I did. Now I remain sober and wonder what it would be like if I hadn’t stopped drinking. I have to believe I would be dead by now if I had continued drinking nearly a fifth daily. My skin was yellow, and I had no care about my safety, health, or well-being.  

Whew! I’m glad that’s over. What can I learn from these memories though?

I still have little regard for my health. I eat terrible things with no thought about it. I am feeling convicted that God wants me to take better care of myself. I will make no resolutions, but I will commit to take some necessary baby steps. I will start by finding healthy recipes. That is small – and even fun. I will make some healthy food for myself, which I have never done. That is big. I won’t even talk about my weight yet.

The bottom line is that taking care of myself has never been a priority.  That is the old alcoholic kind of thinking. It’s time to change. It’s time to honor my own health. 

I guess I’ll keep you posted.