My Shepherd # 3

 He prepares a table before me in the presence of my enemies.

In the worst of situations, God shows up. At one time the enemy was probably dancing in glee that he had beaten me down with alcoholism. I had lost all respect. My Christian testimony had been ruined. I was destroyed. Or so he thought. God took me out of the fire and put me in a safe place. He opened doors of influence and grace to place me, his own, in a good place. He restored my peace. He reinstated relationships. He prepared a feast. Even though I was not deserving, he did it because He is good and merciful.

His greatness was shown in my very weakest moments.

He anoints my head with oil.

You are mine. You are not that. You are royalty. Bring out the robe and crown. I have many things for you to have and to do in my kingdom. Come up here with me and sit in the heavenlies.

Surely goodness and mercy shall follow me all the days of my life

In the lowest day of my life, the day I went to long term treatment for alcoholism, He was there. He followed me with merciful plans. He intervened in every stressful situation. He surrounded me understanding people. He protected me from evil people. He brought hope where there was no hope. I was encouraged and loved. He was faithfully with me.

I will dwell in the house of the Lord forever.

Starting in June of 1964 through eternity. Amen.