The torments of unwantedness plagued me for years. They were the main reason - or excuse I should say - for drinking. Though I believed that I was unwanted, but that was often not the case. I thought I was unacceptable, though that was seldom the truth either

I wanted to be wanted.  I wanted to feel liked.  That is why I constantly sought the approval of others

I still get caught up in this game of perceptions.

The good news is that this longing to be liked always drives me back to God. I ask God to give me the acceptance I am looking for. He has many things to say about this. The first thing I hear say God is, "WHO told you that you were unwanted? WHO told you that you were inadequate? Listen to me, not the devil."

He went on to say, "Hope in me. I alone am the true help of your countenance. I constantly command my lovingkindness over your life. After all, I wove you in your mother’s womb. Does that sound inadequate?  I chose you. Does that sound unwanted?"

Thank you, Lord for helping me to see truth again. I can’t believe I still fall for those old lies.