Unconditional love. Part 2

 I recently had a dream that I assumed was just a random thought.

In the dream, a faucet was running. The stream of water was thin and straight. A small filter appeared in a hand as if it was being offered to me. It was a filter that could fit on the end of that faucet. The dream ended before I took the filter that was offered to me.

Why would I want a filter on my faucet?  If it were attached, it would make the water stream more forceful. It would make the stream fuller. And bubbly. Does the filter screen help the water clean better?  I guess it does. It might also strain any dirt from the water

After praying about the dream, I feel that the water represents the Holy Spirit. Perhaps God will make the flow of the Holy Spirit thrive as I use a particular filter.  Just as the water hits with more force, I could make a stronger impact in caring for others.

What is the filter?

I believe the filter represents unconditional love. Love that isn’t motivated by selfishness - God’s love - would enable the spiritual gifts to flourish. His love would allow me to shoot the stream of water onto dry places where it is needed. His love directs where mercy is needed. His love sees where truth is lacking. His love removes fearful barriers. His love arms me with strategy.