Lies

 I believe I will let God down. I believe that He will ask more of me than I can give. I realize these are lies.  My response to these beliefs has been to build a wall between God and me. A wall that has allowed me to hide. A wall that kept me separate. It has kept my failures from being noticed.  I thought I was protecting myself. The wall makes me focus on people, and to fear what they say. People are more important than God. ??

But now I see the emptiness in loving people more than I love God. I can’t love people without God’s intervention. Loving people through my human heart leaves me longing for something better. I thirst and hunger for true relationship. Only God has that. He created relationship.

I have decided to let the wall down. I will let Him in every place. Now that I know the wall has been interfering, I can’t continue to miss out.

The broken-down wall will allow truth in. It is a place for honest communication and recognition of His goodness.  It is a place where God and I can plant a garden. Together. A meeting place where I will learn that I won’t fail because He won’t let me.