Procrastination

 It’s like a sink hole. The further I go in procrastination, the easier it is to stay there. When I feel I have been given a difficult task, the easy solution is to put if off. Excuses begin to pile up in my head. Maybe tomorrow.  I must be hearing wrong. What good is it going to do to send a letter to this person?  It’s been two years already. I’m too old. I’m too busy….

 I’ve been putting God off for so long that I wonder how He can ever consider me reliable again. Or faithful.

What's the best way out of this pattern of avoidance? For me, it might be to take the smallest turn in the right direction. After sitting here in the same place for so long, a big move may be too overwhelming.  I think a small, sequential plan of action is the best way to motivate myself to do something that I don’t want to do. Today I will find the mailing address and pray about what to say. Tomorrow I will write the letter. I will send it within another day.  If I wait longer than a day to send it, I might not do it. Then what? pray for the response. If nothing comes, I have done what was asked. Wow. This feels better. And right.

I’m going to do it! The rest is up to God.