Faith.

 Is it a far-fetched idea that God would hear our prayers? No. I think most of us believe that God hears our prayer and that He listens to each of us.  But do I believe that God will answer my prayers? It seems that many of us struggle to believe that God will answer. It’s not that He doesn’t care.  Maybe it’s that I’m not important enough. Then I remember that the Bible says He made each of us individually, and His thoughts toward us are too great in number to count. (Ps. 40:5).

After much soul searching, I think that the reason I sometimes feel my prayers aren’t answered is that my prayers are not backed with faith. I wasn’t expecting Him to answer so I stopped listening to Him. I remember the times I waited expectantly for the answer instead of doubting it would come. The answer did come, and it was always something I wouldn’t have thought of. An event was canceled, the weather became foul, somebody showed up, a door opened, or a door closed.

 So, I have to ask myself, Do I believe that something will happen after I pray - that there will be an actual change in circumstances after I pray? Most importantly, Would I be willing to wait for that to happen? What if there is a tangible change, a marked event, a measurable difference that is about to take place? What if that wrong direction has completely turned around? The left turn is now the right turn.

I think I am being challenged to wait expectantly with hope and gratitude... then wait some more.

                                     

I have been rescued from alcoholism since January 7th, 2006. The miracle of God's grace and restoration continues to prove itself ~ Kerry