Grace Tested

 Where sin abounded, grace abounded much more. Rom. 5:21

Many of us who have come out of addiction feel like we continue to swim upstream.  For the rest of our lives, we carry the weight of guilt and our past losses with us. But we need to remember that there is all the more grace for us. The AMOUNT of sin we committed means nothing compared to the forgiveness and empowerment of strength to overcome. As a matter of fact, this verse says to me that according to the depth of sin, there is a matching, and even over-abundant grace. Yes, overflow. The more we sinned, the more Christ meets us with forgiveness. Grace means unmerited favor. Unmerited mercy.

We must not let the enemy steal our freedom that is ours in Christ. And yet, I sometimes am pulled into doubting that I could help others because I once lived in sin. Though that was over 17 years ago, it still plagues me IF I allow it. I must keep this truth of grace in front of me to combat the lies of the enemy.

The other day I found this verse again from Romans, and it came alive just as it did many years ago. It doesn’t matter how deep and high my sins were piled up. God has brought more than enough freedom through Christ for me. It seems backwards to our human hearts to say the more I sin, the more I am forgiven. But that is the truth of the gospel. That is grace at its greatest test.

The grace test cannot lie. The grace test will never lose. The grace test always brings victory because the victory is already won.

I have been rescued from alcoholism since January 7th, 2006. The miracle of God's grace and restoration continues to prove itself ~ Kerry






https://www.amazon.com/s?k=rescued+a+christian+coupes+story+of+addiction+in+books&crid=W340X28TDDAY&sprefix=rescued